Twenty one things I've learned in
21 years of life
1. Life isn't fair. It's not. Never will be. And I can't
tell you how frustrating that is sometimes.
2. Sometimes you don't realize you need someone until
they're the only one standing next to you.
3. You can (and should) act like a child sometimes
as long as you can - before it becomes too hard.
4. "95% of the time everything is actually okay in the moment.
What you're freaking out about is in the past or potentially in the future" - Unknown
5. See the beauty in every second you're apart of something.
Don't look back & wish you would have
paid more attention to detail.
6. You may have dated them for two months or two years - breakups
are still hard, no matter how long you're together.
7. Time heals anything.
8. People you were friends with in high school aren't supposed to be your friends for life. There are few exceptions,
but mostly they aren't.
9. Taking a chance with a major or minor in school
could really turn out to be a good thing.
You may find out you're good at something you never
thought you'd be good at.
10. Never pressure yourself into dating someone
because of your friends opinions.
11. Actually pay attention in conversations. Make it
known that you do care about people and what
they have to say. Also, never lie about how you're feeling
if someone asks. They don't want some half/fake
version of you.
12. Take things slower than you should.
Do things at your speed.
13. If you hurt someone, no matter how many apologies
you've made can't repair the relationship.
Take whatever they're willing to give you, when
14. Sometimes people younger than you have more wisdom
than you do. Listen.
15. Your best is all you can give.
16. You have to get out of what's not working. No matter
if you're going to hurt their feelings or not.
It'll hurt more in the long run.
17. No one is ever in charge of your happiness but you.
18. Work hard, but never make work
19. Real life is better than anything you make
up in your head - look around for once.
20. Take everything one day at a time.
21. Never forget how big, loving, strong, forgiving
(and any other adjectives you can think of) that God is.
He's always better than anything
you're into & he craves a relationship with you.
He needs you as much as you need him.