Thursday, April 7, 2011

See ya!

I went to a funeral today.

And I have to say that it was an encouragement.




Yes, I just said that.

Not out of disrespect to Colton. I think he would have enjoyed the fact that I viewed his life as an encouragement.




Colton Lee Burran was an HPU alum, who graduated two years ago. He was in the fraternity that I spend most of my time with - that's how I got to know him.




I didn't know Colton as well as I would have liked to. But I do know he was an incredible person. The kind of person that you just WANT to be around. Everyone gravitated to Colton. His smile was infectious and he had the greatest sense of humor.




But what he wanted you to know about him was his love for Christ. He portrayed Christ's love in every situation and in everyone he invested in.


And now this is where the encouragement comes in. As I was sitting there in the over-crowded, over flowing church, I heard everyone speak of how genuine, funny, wonderful, pure (etc. etc) Colton was - but most of all, they spoke of HOW he lived his life. WHO he lived his life for. It makes me want to correct a lot of things in my life - and fully live my life for Christ. Not to say that I haven't been - but sometimes you probably don't see that in me. I want my family and friends to remember me and my life for Christ

like they do and will for Colton.


"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper

you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future"

- Jeremiah 29:11


Colton,

You fufilled your plan - thank you for being an

encouragement to fufill mine as well

as you did.<3

No comments:

Post a Comment