Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Let go, let God.

Since I'm a senior this year (EEEKKK!) and I'm about to go into
the big wide world, almost 97% of what I think about is the future.

What and who I'm supposed to be,
where I'll be,
who I'll end up being friends with..

And it's terrifying and amazing at the same time!
I keep wondering if it's okay/normal to be scared and happy at the
same time. But the picture up top there ^ is something
that jumped out to me today about my future.

Let Go. Let God.

Easier said than done - am I right?

As humans our tendency is to hold tight to the things we think
we can control - mainly our own lives, and we don't
let the wonderful Creator do what he's done for millions of years :

Guide, direct, plan. It's his plan.

Not mine, not anyone elses.

Why can I say that and why sometimes do I not believe that? It makes
me feel a big hypocritical. But that's just something I'm learning..
to let go.

I have a lot of dreams about where I'd like to be and about
a hundred more of what I'd like to do. That's just always how I've been..but I've
also not followed through on a lot of things because
I think I won't be able to do things, or I think that's just a dumb idea
in the first place.

Maybe that's another thing I need to learn:

-let go
-follow through

I want to have my own life and make something of myself,
but I am seeking direction. And following
through on that direction may be the hardest part of this whole journey.

I want something definite. Something that I know
in my heart 10000340234% that I need
to be there. That I need to be doing that exact thing.

I know a lot of this has been rambling and probably doesn't
make sense to anyone else but me, but it's been on
my heart this week..and I needed to place it somewhere..




"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "...plans to
give you a hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment