Friday, September 10, 2010

Learning how to bend.

A friend of mine recently wrote a note on Facebook called
"Learning to live" or something like that - and it really
inspired me to write my own.
  • I've learned that not every person you become close to will be there two weeks from then. God sometimes has other friends you need to make.
  • I've learned that one mistake can change someones entire view of you - and no matter how many times you apologize, it's set..and they don't like you anymore.
  • I've learned that it's okay if they don't forgive you - you can be the one to forgive them and move on.
  • I've learned that all the crap you went through in high school will make you stronger and will pay off.
  • I've learned that the guy that seems like he's it, can still let you down.
  • I'm learning to try and live in the now - and to not rush things.
  • I've learned that every relationship gets better - and they all lead to that one. The one that stops time.
  • I'm learning that I don't need to listen to advice all the time. Someone can think they know you and what you need to do - but the only person that can tell you what to do is God. And then you've got to figure it out from there.
  • I'm learning that I'm perfectly comfortable hanging out with the same 9 people every night. And I'm not the kind of person that needs 103928 friends.
  • I'm learning that I don't and won't ever have a typical life because of Christ. Which so isn't a bad thing.
  • I've learned what a broken heart actually feels like.
  • I'm learning that I am my parents child - like what parts of them I have in me.
  • I've learned that music has an effect on whatever I'm feeling - and whatever I'm listening to actually depends on my mood.
  • I'm learning how to be an adult without actually ever growing up.
  • I'm re-learning how to study and apply myself to my homework, exspecially when I don't feel like doing it.
  • I'm learning how to set goals and how hard I'm going to have to work to achieve them.
  • I'm learning that not everyone falls in love by the time they're 20.
  • I'm learning to not take everything personally. Not everyone means everything how they say it. People are different and not everyone knows how you feel all the time. Or how you'll react to things.
  • I've learned that cancer is a scary word. But hope isn't.
  • I've learned that taking five minutes to talk to one of my family members actually has major positive affects on me. No matter what happened during the day.
  • I'm learning that I have the power to change a bad day into a good one.
  • I'm learning to stick to my guns.
  • I'm learning that being awkward or feeling awkward is just apart of life.
  • I've learned that I need to when to slow down.
  • I'm learning that the first impression you get of a person can be completely off. People have many, many sides and layers.
  • I've learned what not to get your feathers ruffled about and what you definitely do need to get upset about.
  • I've learned that "if he did it to her, he won't hesitate to do it to you".
  • I've learned that my brother is one of the
    hardest working people I know. He's my hero.
  • I've learned that you develop different tastes as your grow older.
  • I've learned that kisses and hugs are the best when they're slobbery, rough, and from a one and a two year old.
  • I'm learning to be content with being my daddy's "princess" - I have my whole life to be someone's "queen".
  • I've learned to be a better girlfriend - and a better girl friend.
  • I'm learning that not everyday is going to be sunny.
  • I've learned that most country singers know exactly how I feel most days.
  • I'm learning not to make plans. Never. They change.
  • I've learned that not every moment can fit into a photograph.
  • I'm learning to conquer fears and failures.
  • I'm learning that God has plans for me that I don't even know about. Which is both a little scary and super exciting.
  • I've learned that I'm not usually the older sister to my sister - most days she has more wisdom than most people I know. She's beautiful.
  • I'm learning how to be independant.
  • and I've learned that I definitely have more learning to do. Twenty years of life does not qualify me as an expert.

And that's just some things<3

1 comment: